The Grove School in Madison CT is looking for Live-in Teacher / Counselor for our therapeutic boarding school.
The Live in Teacher / Counselor position at Grove School is a way of life more than it is a job. Part of what makes Grove School distinctive, from other boarding schools, is the care and time we put into our students.
In addition to creating rigorous learning environments in the classroom, Grove School faculty spend time with students in the dormitories, on the playing fields, at sit-down meals, and in many other contexts. This repeated bringing together of faculty and students is a substantial part of what makes a Grove School education so meaningful.
The ideal candidate has teaching experience (preferably certified as a teacher) and a desire to make a positive impact on their students.
- Teaching/Academic assignments during the day
- Alternate nights supervising the dorm, helping with homework and providing leisurely time activities for students
- Alternate weekends providing the same
- Providing practical Counseling and guidance for students
IDEAL APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE:
- A teaching certificate valid (or from another state able to be made valid) in CT. in a subject area.
- Also Have a skill or interest to contribute to the program (sports, art, robotics, singing, 4H, Group Home; College RA; Scouts etc.)
- Past experience with children of any age.
Live-in Teacher / Counselor must have a great work ethic, high energy level and a passion for helping teenagers with struggles. Experience as a camp counselor, RA or other lifestyle roles preferred.
Seeking those certified in Art, Science, Math, or Special Education.
- Madison, CT
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans