OVERNIGHT SECURITY COUNSELOR
Overnight Security Counselor (10:45pm-7:00am) in Madison, CT, Part time. Female and Male Dorms – Weekend priority and other shifts.
Serving a co-ed adolescent boarding school with a psychiatric population. Security needed for female dorms, main campus and off-campus housing.
Primary tasks of supervision of students in the dormitory(s), providing evening overnight dorm coverage, assisting with general student care, reporting of events to Night Watch staff, documentation of shift…Guard card not required.
- This position is an overnight 24 hour per week position from 10:45pm-7:00amin Madison, CT.
- This is an awake shift.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The job entails being stationed in the Female or Male dormitories and doing checks on the students, ideally as they are sleeping or being with them if they are awake.
- Documenting and reporting to the Night Watch staff.
- Staff may be checking on two dorms, which requires them to be able to move from dorm to dorm.
- All employees need to be endorsed by the Connecticut Department of Children & Families which requires an extensive background check and finger printing prior to working here.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous Experience as a camp counselor, RA or other lifestyle roles preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship Building
Weekend priority and other shifts – 10:45pm to 7:00am – 24 hours per week
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job Type: Part-time